Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Simple Acts Have Global Impact!

Who knew that a simple software registration would turn into a opportunity to tell someone across the globe about my Etsy shop? Not me!

So, there I was dialing the 800 number to register my software. A nice enough gentlemen, Leo (though I expect that's not his *real* name), went through all the necessary steps to authenicate me, then paused.

Yep, he called up my Etsy shop to see what on earth HospitalHats was. It was rather unnerving to have someone a half a world away read the descriptions of your female Florence Nightingale scrub hats. After all, I only made that call to register my software!

A friendly discussion ensued. Leo told me that in India the normal blue paper hats were worn by surgical personnel. He thought it was rather humorous that someone would go to all the work of making attractive scrub hats, though he liked them.

Who knows, Leo may be my sales rep for the Indian subcontinent in the future. Go Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment